[ApaIllinois] Free Webinar: Scenario Planning and Fiscal Impact Modeling - Mar 10 (CM | 1)
Paula Freeze, APA-IL Editor
editor at ilapa.org
Tue Feb 25 06:49:25 CST 2014
Scenario Planning and Fiscal Impact Modeling
Monday, March 10, 3:00 - 4:00 Eastern
Developing a clear-eyed understanding of the short- and long-term
fiscal implications of development choices has never been so necessary
for planners in local and regional agencies. This webinar from EPA’s
Smart Growth Program explores the development and use of scenario
planning and fiscal impact modeling, investigating their use of
analytical tools to explain fiscal costs (including local
infrastructure capital and operations and maintenance costs and
revenues). Speakers will discuss how scenario planning and fiscal impact tools can support smart growth implementation at a range of scales
through innovative methods and how various communities can use fiscal
impact analyses to support planning and economic development decisions.
* Raef Porter, Senior Research Analyst, Sacramento Area Council of Governments
* Carson Bise, President, Tischler-Bise
* Alex Steinberger, Urban Planner, Fregonese Associates
Who Should Attend
Planners in local and regional agencies and others interested in scenario planning and fiscal impact modeling.
APA Continuing Maintenance Credit
AICP members can earn 1.0 Certification Maintenance credit for attending this webinar.
* No pre-registration is required.
* Click on https://epa.connectsolutions.com/epasmartgrowth. Log in as a guest.
* Please test your computer before attending the meeting at http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
* The Connection Test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps of the test, then you are ready to participate in a meeting. If you do not pass the test, perform the suggested actions and run the test again.
* Some federal employees cannot access the site (or can access it, but then quickly lose their connection) due to firewalls. If you cannot get on the site after completing these steps, please email smartgrowth at epa.gov.
* There is no conference call. Participants will hear the webinar through their computer speakers. Please check to be sure your speakers are turned on.
EPA's Office of Sustainable Communities (OSC) hosts a variety of
webinars on smart growth topics. All webinars are free; many satisfy the certification maintenance requirements for AICP planners. Visit http://www.epa.gov/smartgrowth/webinars/ for more information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ApaIllinois