[ApaIllinois] NCI Charrette Training ** Last Day to Register ** Become a Certified Charrette Facilitator & Receive 18 CM Credits!!
Paula Freeze, APA-IL Editor
editor at ilapa.org
Thu Jan 9 11:15:00 CST 2014
It's not too late --
In order to accommodate last minute registrations, please e-mail your registration form to John Paige at j.paige at comcast.net. Payments can be sent directly to NCI as soon as possible. Don't miss out on becoming a Certified Charrette Facilitator AND 18 CM Credits!!
REGISTRATION ENDS TODAY!!
APA-IL Offers NCI Charrette Training Course!
“Tools and Techniques for Planning and Running a Successful Project Using a Charrette”
APA-IL has joined with the National Charrette Institute (NCI) to offer a 3-day training course at a reduced rate (a savings of $320!)! APA-IL membership is not necessary.Space is limited so don't delay, sign up today!
* February 26-28, 2014
* Taught by National Charrette Institute (NCI)
* To be held at DePaul University, 14 East Jackson Boulevard, Dublin Suite, Chicago, Suite 1600, Chicago
* APA-IL affiliated cost per person is $575 (reduced from $895!)
* Companies/organizations that send 4+ attendees are eligible to submit a case study. Custom case studies make for great on-the-job training.
* Upon completing this training, you be a certified charrette facilitator
* NCI Charrette System™ training is eligible for 18 AICP-CM credits. That's more than a year's worth!
Complete the attached form (RegistrationWorksheet.xlsx). Mail form and a check to: National Charrette Institute, 1028 SE Water Ave, #245, Portland, OR 97216. This is a great opportunity for outstanding training. Space is limited to 32 at the reduced rate, please register early. Registration must be received by NCI no later than January 10, 2014.
The National Charrette Institute (NCI) is a nonprofit educational
institution that helps people build community capacity for collaboration to
create healthy community plans. They teach professionals and community
leaders the art and science of the NCI Charrette System™, a holistic,
collaborative planning process that harnesses the talents and energies of
all interested parties to create and support a feasible plan. And, they
advance the fields of community planning and public involvement through
research and publications.
NCI Charrette System Benefits: * Saves time and money through
* Reduced rework via short design feedback loops
* Time-compressed work sessions
* Increases probability for implementation through
* Early focus on engineering and finance
* Bringing all decision makers together for a compressed period of time
* Promotes trust between citizens and government through
* Meaningful public involvement and education
* Broad stakeholder involvement – no one takes over
* Results in the best sustainable design through
* Integrating all viewpoints throughout design
* Uninterrupted, focused team design sessions
Contact the APA-IL Chapter Administrator, John Paige, AICP, at j.paige at comcast.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ApaIllinois